Monday, January 7, 2008

Resolutions 2008


With every new year comes the dreaded New Year Resolution(s). Personally, I never believed in resolutions because after a couple alcoholic beverages into the new year, you probably already broke most, if not all of them. End of story. Done. Your resolutions go down the drain. Let me cry into my 4th gin & tonic. (P.S. Sorry, I'm thirsty.)

So to start off this year fresh, I decided resolve to be more optimistic. Therefore, here is my list of resolutions for 2008:

1. I will attempt to be more straightforward whether it be with friends, lovers, family members, co-workers, etc. This, I hope, will lead to better relationships in the long run.

2. I will become healthier but I will not become vegan or vegetarian for the sake of it.

3. I will get my 1st passport and I will travel abroad. (Already working on this!)

4. I will take the time and read more than Nylon magazine and fashion/celebrity gossip blogs. I have a whole shelf full of books that I have not even touched yet!

5. I will move my life in a meaningful direction and not wait for things to happen.

6. I will not let working in an office cubicle stifle my creativity. I will learn how to properly use a SLR camera, start and finish art projects, and start writing more.

7. I will watch more films and listen to more new music.

8. I will finally organize my closet. I will decide what clothes to keep, sell, and give away and then a trip to the Container Store is in order.

9. I will not have a closet full of new clothes that I do not wear or that have the tags still on them. I will only buy clothes that I can incorporate into my wardrobe and that I absolutely need.

10. I will start cooking some of my meals again instead of eating out or getting take-out every day. However, when I do go out to eat, I will try new restaurants and new cuisines.

11. I will learn how to start investing my money into my 401k plan and learn how to manage my finances better.

12. I will either drive more or I will buy a bike.

13. I will buy a Flickr Pro account.

14. I will explore San Francisco. There is so much I haven't seen and I've lived here all my life!

15. I will learn something new: a new language, how to play another musical instrument, how to use a sewing machine, etc.


That is a lot of resolutions! Fifteen to be exact. Hopefully I can stick to at least a couple resolutions before 2009 comes around.



lovelovelove,
Cyn

1 comment:

philip said...

Cheers to that!

Several of your resolutions are subjects we've discussed, and it makes me happy to know that I am at your disposal for inspiration, motivation and collaboration!

Are you ready?
We're approaching mid-January and you have a ways to go!



Good luck + love,
P