Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Put on your Buddy Holly glasses and read this


Okay okay, I'll admit it. I bought Hipster Haiku from Urban Outfitters on sale for $4.99 and I got a copy for one of my bestest too (hi Ria!). The book contains satirical haikus about "hipster" culture from your stolen bike to pretentious music taste. Here are some of my favorites:

Ex-boyfriend's worst dig:
"You've never heard of that band?"
Indier-than-thou

See that guy right there?
Made a fortune overnight
Pabst Blue Ribbon Stock

It's not gonna change your life or anything but this book is a nice light read for when you're on the bus or waiting for that damn laundry to dry.

Deuces,
Dion

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Okay.
I'll admit it.
I bought The Hipster Handbook.

philip said...

I can admit that I'm the only one who did not buy the book :)