Monday, January 7, 2008

Dreams of Flying

"Dreams, dreams of when we had just started things
Dreams of me and you
And it seems, it seems
That I can't shake those memories
I wonder if you have the same dreams too..."

Jan Von Holleben must've had grandeur, extensive dreams as a kid, full of power and might, complex yet light. If not, I can only imagine that his photographic creations are not only beautiful and fun for kids, but have some connection to his own childhood. Perhaps his ongoing project Dreams of Flying from his hometown in South West Germany is what he wakes up from each morning, since I imagine one wishes things to be more simple once they become more complex. Just as in life when you mature into an adult, it is almost always that you hope to once again breathe the imagination you created for yourself when all you had where a couple of sofa cushions, comforters and time on your side.

Check out these select photos,
and I'm sure you'll want to join in on the fun!









If you're my best friend, you'll find me his book, Dreams of Flying, which is currently sold out! If you're my best friend but are simply broke and at a lost, let's meet up and create masterpieces inspired by Von Holleben and allow our dreams to come to life as well (duh).

Better yet, let's make a video of our love:



xoxo,
philip



1 comment:

Cynthia said...

This is some of the most amazing and inspiring photography I have seen in a while!

Let's take photos in fields of flowers and near lakes and streams.