Tuesday, January 8, 2008

M.I.A. for Marc by Marc Jacobs

Following in the footsteps of Dakota Fanning, Michael Stipe, Sofia Coppola, and Meg White as models for Marc Jacobs (and his diffusion lines) is M.I.A. for the Marc by Marc Jacobs SP/S 2008 collection. The campaign was shot by Juergen Teller (as usual.)

Ads are popping up in the February issues of magazines on newsstands now. I saw photos from this campaign in the newest issue of Lucky Magazine.

Marc Jacobs always seems to choose the most obscure or "of-the-moment" celebrity to model for his campaigns. I personally like M.I.A. and MbMJ separately and I must say that this is a very interesting match. I normally picture M.I.A. wearing a large over-sized t-shirt and some technicolor leggings but I surprisingly like her in menswear esp. in the blue oxford and brown tie. The particular ad you find below is pretty understated and muted. The other ad that I have seen has a more colorful and "pop" sensibility with M.I.A. modeling sunglasses and a bright yellow clutch. I'll try to post photos of that later.

Your thoughts???


lovelovelove,
Cyn


1 comment:

philip said...

I totally agree!

They're both still hot and definitely buzz worthy. I was just looking at this exact ad in Teen Vogue, sharing it with my co-worker, and thought, "Wow, M.I.A. in menswear makes her 2x hotter!"


P