Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Food Find: Tofu Mousse


A few weeks ago, Dion and I decided to have dessert at 100% Healthy Dessert after having dinner at Taraval Okazu Ya. It was one of the first times we were actually hanging out in the Sunset/Parkside instead of the TL. I'm sure Dion got all teary-eyed being a few blocks away from her former residence.

100% Healthy Dessert is a popular "asian dessert" café but up until that night, I have never been there. The menu was expansive but I finally decided upon the mango over tofu mousse dessert.

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Syrupy mango slices were a nice contrast to the airy lightly sweetened tofu mousse. Its consistency was like that of Yoplait whipped yogurt but a tad heavier. It was very refreshing and I didn't feel bad for eating it because it was TOFU.

I googled it this afternoon and apparently tofu mousse is a favorite of vegetarians and vegans. Most recipes I found online were for chocolate tofu mousses. I'll have to try making this sometime.

Definitely a must try!


lovelovelove,
Cyn

1 comment:

Dion said...

mmmm...we must visit again soon!