Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bike to Work Day - Tomorrow

First off: Welcome back, C!

Tomorrow is the annual Bike to Work Day, when Bay Area citizens (and everyone else!) are invited to bike to work instead of driving. Last year the number of workers that biked outnumbered cars, and I'm sure tomorrow the case will be the same (if not greater) especially with these high-rise gas prices (4$/gal, wtf?). Who wouldn't run out right now, as of this moment and grab a nice, pretty bicycle (C)? There are rentals, too! Do it, even if to bike just to a) the market, b) school, c) the beach, or d) go shopping!

Dion in the Mission, w/ bicycle!

Tomorrow comes in perfect timing--the weather's been very pleasing and my flat is fixed! It already sounds exciting, but it gets even better: on Sfbike.org you can read up on where to find sponsored Energizer Stations to fill up on coffee, snacks and even tote bags for traveling! Check out this neat-o Google Map with little bicyclist icons:


View Larger Map

The green icons each represent what they call a Bike Bus; at numerous locations you can find guides who will lead groups on easy routes to bike around the city. Biking with new friends, how ideal!

Note: Visit Tmasf.org for traffic overviews.


You know you love me where to find me tomorrow.

Xoxo,
Phil

P.S. Sorry, I couldn't resist the GG mention! Georgina = devil!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I wish I had a bike :/

I love love <3 the Dion bike photos in front of the Mission murals.

AMAZING!

Cannot wait to see you guys!

-C